MECfiller is a pixelation and filter based filler tool. Its main use is to fill in missing information of a picture, to close holes from cut out tracking markers and to generally extend available information for a full picture estimation. A breakdown of how it works can be found > here < This tool is based on Mads Hagbart’s FFfiller approach and idea. It can be downloaded > here <
Thistle One is finally available online can can be viewed > here <
It took a few months of getting up really early to comp the shots before work but it was worth it! Artella seems to be a really great plattform for collaboration on such projects and I will continue to contribute to cool shorts in the future.
My latest and most ambitious Nuke tool ‘MECshotmanager’ provides archiving, optimisation, cleanup and repathing options for shots in Nuke. I created a process similar to ‘archive scene’ from Maya as well as version control and file checking functionalities for sequences. The optimisation options offer small speedups, better script readability and redundancy checks. A video breakdown of the script can be found on > vimeo < and it can be downloaded > here <
I just published another tool that is used to to organise UDIM Inputs in Nuke. It can conveniently give an overview of the models UV spaces, show specific UDIMs and input textures that are automatically getting put into the correct place. It can be used for the creation of masks, paintovers for specific areas and projections on complex models with multiple UV spaces.
More Infos > here <
Download > here <
MECwhispy is a fast and simple to use python tool to create whispies/airparticles/underwater bubbles/general atmosphere feeling along a camera path. It analyses the camera, uses standard noise or file inputs as a texture and gives some randomise/fadeout options. You can download it on Nukepedia and find some more information and a preview video > here <
One of the sequences I worked on in the final episode of Season 7 got a feature on the official Game of Thrones Youtube Channel. I worked on 5 of the Wight shots, one of them with the before/after at 00:51. The Team at Pixomondo was great and I really enjoyed working on that sequence. The Video can be found > here <
After years of working with nuke I finally got myself to record a video tutorial. I planned on doing this for a very long time but never managed to make one with the topic and quality that I thought was worth sharing. Special thanks for the footage to Manuel Mayer and Laura Feraud. The tutorial is about TEMPLATING FOR FULL CG PRODUCTIONS and can be found > here <
At Pixomondo we have a little challenge going on in our comp department. Fabian Holtz challenged everyone to create a tool by only using one expression node that creates a circle with different size/falloff that can be repeatedly tiled and also offset. It was quite fun and is just way faster than any combination of nodes could ever be. Here’s the > code <
After a year in Vancouver I will return to Europe. It was an awesome experience where I learned a lot and met some amazing people. Now I’m looking forward to being back in Europe and to the future at home.
Date of availability: ~ 01.04.2017
Visa Status: Approved
Date of arrival: ~ 14.04.2016
Availability: Starting Mid April 2016
Housing: Searching for flats
Two years ago some friends made a multiplayer funracer with Unity called “Barefoot”. I helped them out in making a waterfall for the background that was easily changeable and had a good performance, so the challenge was to make it work in different colors, loopable and still have low ressource usage.
I always liked the look of depth-maps/passes, so I used some old files and tried to create a cool atmosphere by only compositing this single pass. This is the result after a total of 3 hours of messing around:
As Maya doesn’t provide an internal strands-system, I thought I might as well write a small python script that fakes this kind of feature. You can see the spheres (dynamic movement) followed by simple geometry generated by the script – and then the whole thing rendered with a simple vray setup to test everything out.
Lately i optimised some scripts and cleaned up some code. This one was quite fun to make, it’s a simple scatter-script with a strong performance focus.
Lately I got some requests for the files for this video. Its actually a pretty simple hair-setup combined with motion paths but if you would like to have a look at it, just write me a mail.